Apollo's Finest Hour.

Forum Homepage -> Astronomy Discussion

Started by Message
interstellaryeller  

Posted:
Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:09 pm

Apollo's Finest Hour.

It was the finest era of modern rocketry the Apollo craft with its five massive J-1 engines was without a doubt a true beast. The engine itself produced more power that every river in North America combined. All we have left are movies of this fine era. Which dont due justice to the chest rattling thunder it produced during launch. My hat goes off to the people that worked on Apollo. It was the most complex machine of its time. However I would have enjoyed watching a Apollo - Nova launch. And a special congradulations for It was the finest era of modern rocketry the Apollo craft with its five massive J-1 engines was without a doubt a true beast. The engine itself produced more power that every river in North America combined. All we have left are movies of this fine era. Which dont due justice to the chest rattling thunder it produced during launch. My hat goes off to the people that worked on Apollo. It was the most complex machine of its time. However I would have enjoyed watching a Apollo - Nova launch. And a special congradulations for Gene Kranz. He didnt ask what the "Aquarius" module was designed to do, he asked what can it do. What a life boat, and that was truly nasa's finest hour.

astronut68  

Posted:
Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:03 pm

i totally concur your statement ! well put and to the point ! Cool

Back to top Page 1 of 1

Forum Homepage -> Astronomy Discussion

Forum Options

Login
Forum Search