Telescopes Newby

Forum Homepage -> Astronomy Discussion

Started by Message
MinioN  

Posted:
Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:02 am

Telescopes Newby

Hi, I am new to this site, I finally got a new telescope, a bushnell. I have been into astronomy since I took it as a course in University and have always loved it. I don't have much experience with a telescope. I got a real nice look at the moon all it craters, but when trying to look at any stars can't seem to see juipter or saturn very well even with knowing the coordinates at that time. Can anyway give me some advice.

Marc   Site Admin

Posted:
Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:21 pm

Hi there,

Some things worth looking out for can be found here:
http://www.astronomytoday.com/skyguide.html

What is the model of bushnell telescope you have? If you let us know we can have a better idea of what you should be able to see with it.

Best,
Marc

MinioN  

Posted:
Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:18 am

It is a Bushnell voyager telescope. It is also a reflector telescope, it came with this Sky Tour Handset that lets me know where to point my telescope but I also have a cd that came with my astronomy book from University called Sky Gazer and they don't seem to match up when I wanna look at Jupiter one says azimuth of 212 degrees and my handset says 244 degrees so don't know which one to go by. Only thing I have seen so far is the moon. Can't find anything else

MinioN  

Posted:
Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:22 am

Oh yea it can with a 2x Barlow and a 1.5 Erecting lens. Also a 4mm, 8mm, and 12.5 mm lens

paul42  

Posted:
Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:13 pm

Hi I'm new to all of this, I have recently purchased a sky-watcher EQ-1 Refractor Telescope 90mm. I have not had the chance to use it yet, but I'm wondering what types of stars will be in good range to look at with it....

Back to top Page 1 of 1

Forum Homepage -> Astronomy Discussion

Forum Options

Login
Forum Search