Can science and religion coexist peacefully?

Forum Homepage -> Astronomy Discussion

Started by Message
kowalskil  

Posted:
Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:00 am

Can science and religion coexist peacefully?

Can science and religion coexist peacefully? This is a good question to start an interesting discussion. See how it was answered by many smart people at my website:

http://csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/life/donotmix.html

Please share this link with others, when appropriate. Thank you in advance.

Ludwik Kowalski (see Wikipedia)
Professor Emeritus
Montclair State University, NJ

Ducksftw  

Posted:
Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:57 pm

I really doubt it, they are just naturally enemies.......Science proves religion false and they don't like that.

CosmicCharlie  

Posted:
Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:44 pm

Why are so many scientists religious if science proves religion false?

foreman  

Posted:
Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:33 pm

They can

Its possible for them to exist peacefully. Science needs to start proving religion, instead of trying to disprove it. Science still cannot disprove religion because science cannot answer everything. How many theories pertaining to the creation is there? Science has many and all are only theoretical and more obscure than having a creator. A creator makes perfect sense and if the science community realized that and started to prove rather than disprove the all mighty creator.

neodong  

Posted:
Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:21 pm

Einstein Believe on God Sir Wink

foreman  

Posted:
Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:03 pm

Yeah Einstein did one of a few.

StarbuckJedi  

Posted:
Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:44 pm

I say yes. I personally have never observed science or religion in conflict. Science has always made me question my faith, which has only made me learn more about it, and has always resulted in the strengthening of my faith. It is just that the fanatical sides of the spectrum are so afraid of the other, and so eager to reject the other, that they lose all ability to reason. Ultimately science can just be the explanation of the "how God might have done it." The truth is out there!

Back to top Page 1 of 1

Forum Homepage -> Astronomy Discussion

Forum Options

Login
Forum Search