Farmers are so nice.

Forum Homepage -> Astronomy Discussion

Started by Message
barry.armstead  

Posted:
Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:24 pm

Farmers are so nice.

I got permission to shoot on this private property last year. This weekend I asked again if I could shoot out there and was again allowed.

This guy doesn't know me from a bar of soap and owes me nothing, yet still was happy to let me have access to his beautiful valleys and mountains.

You know, it never hurts to ask and there is something special about a stranger doing something nice for you. I only hope to be as good to others who need my help.

Anyway, I shot an all-night time-lapse in minus temperatures and was covered head to toe in frost as was all the equipment. I even had to put the battery pack and intervalometer in the esky with the cables hanging out to stop them from freezing up. The LCD on the intevalometer didn't work all night but it still did it's job.

While I work on the hundreds of RAW images I took that night, here's a teaser frame where the local shooter came past on the dirt road and stopped to talk with his brake lights on, illuminating my tree...

Time-lapse coming soon so stay tuned folks. I'll put it on ASIGN when it's ready. I am SO happy with the 16-35L f2.8on the 5D MK II! So much better than the old 400D Cropped frame with the 18-55EFS f3.5.

Lance7_q  

Posted:
Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:55 am

Farmers

Hi,
Iread your thoughts and It was admiring and I like the way you express it.
Thank you for having me here and thank you for sharing these.

Regards!

barry.armstead  

Posted:
Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:06 am

You are very welcome Lance. I'm so glad you like it.

Baz.

Jamessantino31  

Posted:
Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:09 am

wow. .
wonderful picture. .
I love it. .
THANKS

marian12  

Posted:
Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:30 am

hi i love this site...

Adrian678  

Posted:
Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:15 am

It really nice having that kind of picture.
you gave me some inspiration about this picture.

Back to top Page 1 of 1

Forum Homepage -> Astronomy Discussion

Forum Options

Login
Forum Search